Delicious Baby Vegetables!

We went to Whole Foods the other day so Hairy could make a really yum-tastic salad with pomelos and long beans and lettuce and cabbage and a dressing made with fish sauce. I saw these teeny tiny baby tomatoes and I HAD TO HAVE THEM.

I am not usually a fan of raw tomatoes. I only like them cooked or in sauces. But these guys were not only ADORABLE but also DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!! Nice and tart and snappity.

Today I sent a 1st batch of sample scarves and patterns to my publisher. I have lots of 80% finished scarves here, so I sent her the stuff that was 100%. I tweaked MOST of my patterns (which kinda took forever) to make them more easily explainable in a pattern, and I also tried to use more yarns that are readily available (i.e. ya don’t necessarily have to order them online like I do!), without skimping on style of course!

I don’t have to take the final photos until after their pattern-tester tests everything, but I wanted to stick in some photos as place holders so she could see. I’m putting the photos I took today behind a cut, because, there’s nothing new that you haven’t seen before!

38 Responses to Delicious Baby Vegetables!

1. Ambi says:

Oh my gosh- I want that sushi scarf!!! It is toooo cute! <3

2. Jamie says:

Wow Twinkie-chan, I LOOOOVE the pink grapefruit and candy button ones!!! Candy buttons are the best XD!

3. RachelG says:

I love, love, love the grapefruit and candy dots! Oh and the Bomb Pop too. Congrats on your book, can’t wait ’til it comes out.

4. erin says:

I LOVE!!! the grapefruit one!!!! goodness!

5. hayley says:

i love the egg and bacon one! the sushi one is divine and the pink grapefruit is so cute!!

6. Sarah says:

Twinkie-Chan!! You’re a crochet-machine! These are amazing!! I love the bacon and eggs one :)

7. Meeschamouse says:

I’m doing a happy dance for this book to come out :D I’ve been practicing my crochet jitsu just for this occasion! :3

Is there a date for the book release or is too early >.:D

8. MK says:

I love the grapefruit scarf too!

9. Polly says:

Awww they’re all so adorable! I found your blog a couple of weeks ago and have been reading avidly ever since. I love your style and sense of fun!

10. Shelbi says:

Oh, I can’t wait for your book to come out. :D Are these the only ones that will be in it?

11. Steffany says:

when will your book come out??
    i wanna learn to make your scarfs so I can make some for my friends :]

12. Jules Chan says:

I’ve got 2 godsons lined up for your book already. ALL your scarves look fantastic, well done.

13. Kayleigh says:

(hi again, it’s wuvvlepop from etsy!)

I hope your book will be on sale in the UK, i’m dying to get my hands on it! I’ve just learnt crochet this very week, it’s much easier than knitting. I agree that your grapefruit scarf is super cute, i just think everyone’s a junk food addict :D

14. stafishtaylz says:

SO excited about the book! I dont know that I can wait a whole year! Any thoughts on the avacado scarf to go in there?!?!

15. trixie says:

omg i’m so in love with that sushi one. damn that looks like it took a lot of patience to do. what a trooper you are! also lovelovelove the bacon & egg one. i love food that you can wear :D

16. WOW! I always love to see your stuff! You are inspiration personified!! You rock Twinkie! I wanna be as cool as you!! :) x

17. Kira says:

Mmmm delicious toast :)

18. Cassie says:

Please please please make the sushi scarf for sale! I want it soooooooo bad! XD