A whole new world. A dazzling place I never kneeeewww.

I wondered earlier where our closest Ranch 99 was. Usually, if we ever make it to Ranch 99, we’re in Milpitas or Cupertino, and I was sure there was one closer to SF. Hairy looked it up, and the next thing we knew, we were at the Ranch 99 in Daly City. This Ranch 99 is in the middle of an Asian strip mall, filled to the brim with new hole-in-the-wall places to eat at! Like The Porridge King, Teaven (Like heaven, except, with TEA), and SPICY ELEMENTS (now with NEW elements!).

Here are some of the weird things we picked up at Ranch 99.

Thousand year old eggs!!! Take that, Fear Factor! (I like them. I’m Chinese. It happens. You put them in porridge, or squirt soy sauce on them and eat them right out of the shell!)

I grabbed this random can of spicy and sour greens for Hairy. He’ll have to report back on them.

I kinda stuck this in the cart before even caring what it actually contained, simply because I liked the name: HELLO BOSS!!!!!

I do like canned vegetables…canned corn….canned spinach….canned peas. Why not canned snow cabbage? I don’t even know what snow cabbage is.

When we were traveling in Italy, we noticed that Pringles were EVERYWHERE!! SO RANDOM!! I had to buy some more.

Okay, I’m basically the only person I know in real life who LIKES ikura. Everyone thinks they are disgusting.

And finally, the reason we went to Ranch 99 in the first place: my favorite instant milk tea, second best only to the Lipton 3-in-1 we got in Hong Kong.

I am certain that some of these will re-appear again as IEatYuckyStuff.com posts!

16 Responses to A whole new world. A dazzling place I never kneeeewww.

1. Marian says:

I LOVE THESE POSTS. They totally take me back to memories of looking into my parents’ pantry all through childhood.

HAH!

2. amy beth says:

please, say hello to your boss for me!

3. Concertina says:

Ohhh! I love ikura! They are so good…but I have to mentally prepare myself to eat them…because they are a bit disgusting texture-wise.

4. Becky says:

Your not the only one who loves ikura…yummmmm!

5. Shrinkle says:

Why do you hang out in Milpitas?!

6. Ritz says:

Serious food twinzzz! I make all my friends go to Ranch 99 with me, I didnt even realise that was a chain type store hah. I love those eggs, I also like those salted purpley eggs some of those sliced with some seasoned jelly fish. Ok now im hungry for random foods

7. Jules Chan says:

I cannot believe you only just found this place, where have you bin girl. Altho not sure of your choice of foods tho’, enuff to make a normal person puke!!

I just never though to go to a Ranch 99 without my mom. Hahahah. At least Matt enjoys strange Asian markets!!!!

I know we got some weird stuff. I’m connecting to my roots!

8. faeth says:

Ohh ikura is DELICIOUS I could eat it on vanilla ice cream……..

9. Erin Collins says:

I LOVE Ikura! Give me a spoon!
    Just reading through your blog AGAIN…all the way back to the beginning. I heart your stuff and you inspire me GREATLY. Boom.