I just performed surgery on a radish!

Sometimes it happens. When you have dogs, they chew up stuff. I think they were after the radish’s eyeballs. This radish already had its green stems and leaves and everything, but all the dogs wanted WERE THE EYES!!!

This radish was supposed to be for a commission. Oy!

Luckily, Marissa sent me an extra radish head, so I performed a stem and leaf transplant.

The patient seemed ok with his new prosthetic!

If I were Howie, I would have bought scrubs, and some operating tools, and would have had a really exciting ER-style movie about emergency veggie surgery!! But sadly, I am me, and I’m lazy. All you got were these sad snaps.

At least the patient is upright and alert.

Obvs, the donor from the first pic is looking a bit busted, but, you can’t save them all. You just can’t save them all!!!!! *facepalm*

12 Responses to I just performed surgery on a radish!

1. Vicki says:

Awww, the red yarn in the first pic looks like sad little raddish guts.

2. Howie says:

If I were me, I would be too overcome with grief to make an operating room drama. I would be standing in the rain, cradling the ravaged radish in my arms, and screaming at the heavens above: “WHY??!!!”

… then dissolve to a dreamy montage of happier memories with radish before fading to black.

Ah well, new radish is just as cute! ;)

3. Jules Chan says:

thats cute,,,,, good as new!

4. Louise says:

I am so relieved the radish-ectomy was a success!

5. Jen says:

Aw, it looks like a CSI victim. Were you able to figure out who the culprit was? Thank goodness for the backup radish!

6. bboybazza says:

you have a gift for seeing the fun in what appears to be normal a scarf, food =put them together and you have the cutest scarf ever.
    very talented!