My Brand New Wiggy ‘Do (video)

Okay, folks. So Hairy, My bro, Jaci, my pops, and I are traveling to the Far east next Tuesday for family stuffs. One portion will take place in a small village on a day to honor the deceased, so my mother insisted that I do not have pink hair for that day.

She asked that I dye it back to a normal color, but I was already trying to dye the OLD black out of it from my brother’s wedding! So we decided to get a wig. We bought it yesterday from Discount Beauty Supply on Fillmore. The lady was REALLY helpful and sat me down in a chair to show me wigs and everything.

My biggest fear about the wig is that I have a really weird face-to-head ratio. I have a big face, and a small head, which is why I try to tease my hair to kingdom come: to make my head match my huge face. But with a wig, your hair gets smushed down = alien head. Since this is a real human hair wig, I should be able to style it, but it’s quite thin and not a lot of hair to work with. I kinda don’t know what to do with it. All I know is that it keeps getting IN MY FACE and IN MY MOUF!!! YUCK!! RANDO HAIR IN MY MOUF!!! SO I definitely need to clip it to the side or cut some bangs into it. Thoughts? ALso I don’t know which way to put the part. I think it looks better on the side of my natural part, but the hairline actually looks better and the whole wig sits better on the other side. hmmm.

Here’s a silly video. Seriously, the wig looks WAY WORSE in person. I didn’t sync up the music and clips very well, but I didn’t want to spend a lot of time on it. It’s pretty funny anyway. Here ya go!

This entry was posted in Blog, Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to My Brand New Wiggy ‘Do (video)

1. QBug says:

With the long, black hair you really remind me of a girl I knew in middle school. It’s eerie.

2. EHansem says:

You look like you are 16.

3. alyce says:

it looks much more natural with the part on the side rather than the middle, it covers the slightly unnatural hairline of the wig. i have long black hair, and it looks nice when i part it on the side, and pin the smaller side down kinda flat, and then tease the other side out HEAPS (big rollers and hairspray) and sit it over my shoulder on that side kind of like you’re doing in that first pic, with a flower on the flat side. mermaid hair stylez ^_^

(if that made any sense, lol. its hard to explain!)

4. Lelaina says:

you’re hilarious. made me laugh so much

>.<

5. missvoltage says:

so funny! I agree, it probably has to be worn w/ a side part. I’m not sure about cutting bangs into it…? I’ve cut bangs into a wig before and it didn’t come out so well 🙁

6. Nathalie says:

Hmmm…you sure look thrilled 😉

7. Michelle says:

You look so cute in your wig. Makes me want one now. Think of the photo ops you can have with that puppy. 🙂 Hope you enjoy your trip.

8. kittee says:

twinkie,
    you really are the best. i hope you figured that wig shit out and didn’t cut the bangs.

xo
    kittee

9. Kelly says:

What do u mean old black? You mean your natural black hair? I liked your hair best when it was black with pink streaks.